About Thermoplastic Jointing
by Alex Lee Mobile/Wechat/Whatsapp: +86-15918523336
Thermoplastic jointing is a kind of plastic parts assembling procedure besides screws fixing, gluing, buckling up, etc. It means applying the material itself of parts to joining two or parts together to achieve parts assembling. During thermoplastic jointing, it needs to melt parts material at the contacting area firstly, then keep parts together under pressure until the molten material cool down to become solidification and form welding. By thermoplastic jointing, it can achieve high assembling strength and air-tightness comparing to traditional assembling methods.
The main thermoplastic jointing methods including:
1. Hot plate welding: A kind of contacting heating plastic welding, which applies electrical heating to melt thermoplastic material with heating tooling contacting material to achieve welding;
2. Infrared welding: Similar with hot plate welding. Also called as IR welding, it is a non-contacting heating welding which applies infrared system to melt plastic material to achieve welding result;
3. Ultrasonic welding: applies ultrasonic principle to melt plastic material by oscillation energy in ultrasonic frequency to achieve welding result;
4. Vibration Welding: It is a kind of friction welding, which applies repeat linear vibration and case friction between two plastic parts at the welding area to melt material to achieve welding result;
5. Spin welding: It is kind of friction welding which applies relative rotation between two parts in round shape at welding area to generate friction at the contacting area to melt material to achieve welding result;
6. Laser welding: Applies laser energy to melt two parts laying together, during which the laser beam go through the transparent material and to be absorbed by the absorbing material to case temperature rising and melt material, then form welding after material cool down under pressure;
7. High-frequency welding: It heats the welding tooling by high frequency and then heats the plastic material by the heating tooling to melt plastic material and achieve welding result. It mostly applied for soft material jointing;
8. Induction welding: It applies high frequency induction system to heat the metal material placed at the welding area of two parts by resonance between metal material and induction system to melt material and achieve welding under pressure.